Welcome to the Illinois Credentialed Principal Officer Basic Training Course.
This course provides credentialed Dispensary Agents – including a Principal Officer (PO) or Agent-In-Charge (AIC) 8 hours of dispensary agent education on dispensing organization topics included in rules and regulations pertaining to a dispensing organization.
After one or more segments, there will be job knowledge checks presented to allow the dispensing agent to measure his/her comprehension and understanding of the material before proceeding to additional segments of the course. An agent must correctly answer the knowledge check questions in order to continue with the course. If a question is incorrectly answered, the information from the corresponding section will be provided to the agent. When the agent has reviewed the correlating educational information, he/she will get the opportunity to correctly answer the knowledge check questions for that section again.
Upon successfully reviewing the course and correctly answering the knowledge check questions, the agent will be issued an electronic Evidence of Training Completion for the Principal Officer Course.
The information under the training topics are derived from the State’s rules and regulatory requirements. Each dispensing organization must develop the operational processes and protocols which will be carried out to compliantly operate the dispensing organization and dispense cannabis in Illinois.
Training Topics Include:
- Requirements for obtaining/maintaining status as an agent
- Controlled Access Dispensary Areas
- Medical Cannabis Patient Registry Program Overview
- Adult Use Overview (Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act
- Health and Safety with Cannabis Use
- Opioids / Prescription Drugs Health and Safety
- Responsible Use of Cannabis; Dispensary health and Safety Standards
- Understand the Law
- Sales and Quantity Limit
- Identification Verification
- Safe Storage of Cannabis
- Inventory Tracking
- Waste Handling and Disposal
- Records Maintenance
- Security and Surveillance
- Inspections by State Regulators
- Privacy Requirements; Packaging and Labeling Requirements
- Operating the POS
- State’s Verification System
- Inventory Tracking and Handling
- Specific Uses of Cannabis or Cannabis Infused Products.